COVID-19 management continues to be an ever changing process and we thank you all for your patience and understanding. Our clinic has made some changes in order to ensure safety for all patients and staff:
- Upon arrival to the clinic, you will notice signs that remind you that you should NOT be entering the clinic if you are experiencing ANY COVID-19 symptoms.
- These signs will also remind all patients NOT to enter the clinic unless you have a confirmed appointment, if you are a required companion for a patient, or if you have a confirmed product pick-up with reception.
- You will be required to fill out a screening questionnaire upon check-in followed by use of provided hand sanitizer. Patients also have the option to wash their hands with soap and water.
- Personal face masks are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for all patients. While they are not mandatory, we appreciate the use of masks. Please note – our clinic will not be supplying masks due to limited supply.
- All patients must adhere to the appropriate six feet distance when entering and exiting the clinic as well as in the waiting room. At this time, we are asking that patients DO NOT enter the exam rooms together for appointments unless necessary.
- Our schedule has been adapted to accommodate physical distancing and allow for the enhanced cleaning and disinfection of the examination rooms between patients. Please refer to our updated “late policy” on the website’s home page.
- We ask that only patient’s with a CONFIRMED AND SCHEDULED appointment enter the clinic unless the patient is of the following criteria:
- The patient is pediatric (under the age of 18 years old)
- The patient requires assistance with mobility
- The patients requires assistance with cognitive function
All other companions are asked to wait OUTSIDE of the clinic. This will be strongly enforced.